Active membership in the UL Lafayette Risk Management & Insurance Society is open to any undergraduate or graduate student of good character and in good standing with the University who is interested in the fields of risk management and insurance, or a related discipline such as safety management or personal financial planning. Honorary membership is open to individuals of good character and standing who have rendered outstanding service to the profession or the Society, including alumni, faculty, and administrative personnel of UL Lafayette or other educational institutions, governmental personnel and business professionals, as voted by the active members. The objective and purpose of the Society are:
- To promote interest in and a better understanding of the fields of risk management and insurance among all individuals and students in the UL Lafayette community.
- To encourage high ethical, moral, and scholastic standards among its members.
- To further knowledge, enhance the education process and elevate student experience by developing rewarding internship and career opportunities through coordination of risk/insurance course work and interaction with industry leaders and professionals.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit and personal acquaintance among members for business and social betterment, so the highest degree of mutual benefit and cooperation may be obtained. In other words, to have fun and learn at the same time.
Bill Ferguson, Ph.D.
G. Frank Purvis, Jr./BORSF Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Insurance and Risk Management
Department of Economics and Finance
(337) 482-6664 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Moody Hall, Room 323