Advising is a crucial component of keeping our students on track to graduation. Advisors assist students in course selection each semester and help them navigate through their college years. You may contact your advisor anytime.
COVID-19 Student Advising Update
To safeguard the health and well-being of our community, the Moody College of Business will advise all students remotely for the Spring 2020 advising period. There will be no in-person, on-campus advising. There is no change to advising for online and graduate business students.
- Undergraduate business student remote advising begins Monday, March 30. For this advising cycle only, remote advising is AVAILABLE to business undergraduate students but NOT MANDATORY. If you request advising, an advisor will work individually with you via email to review academic progress and upcoming course needs. Note that students who choose not to be advised will assume responsibility for their course registration choices.
- Advising holds will be lifted by the Registrar’s Office prior to the first day of registration.
- Registration for the Summer Intercession, Summer, and Fall semesters is scheduled to begin April 14 based on the time listed in your ULink.
- Graduating Seniors: Disregard the advising hold on your account. This will not prevent you from graduating.
Request Remote Advising
To request remote advising, email email@example.com from your University email account ONLY. In the SUBJECT line, include: “Advising – C00000000 – Major – Last Name, First Name”. Your email request will be routed to the advisor you have been assigned for this advising period and the appropriate departmental administrative assistant.
• You have the option to request remote advising before or after registering for some or all of your classes.
• The Office of Student Services staff is available remotely at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with any needs that may arise during the advising period (including DegreeWorks adjustments, course substitutions, and curricular questions).
• Overrides for registration errors, when appropriate, can be requested through email@example.com. The Office of Student Services does not grant capacity overrides. Students should utilize wait lists when offered or contact the department in which the course is offered. Department contact information is listed below.
Our advising team is dedicated to your success and looks forward to assisting you. For questions, please contact the Moody College of Business Office of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For University updates, visit https://louisiana.edu/covid19-updates.
Who Is My Advisor?
Log into ULink. Go to the Academics tab. Under the Academic Profile area, select the correct term (semester). Your advisor will be listed. If no advisor is listed, contact the department of your major.
General Advising Questions
Students with general advising questions should contact the department of their major.
All entering transfer students should be advised for their initial semester in the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration Office of Student Services. At this first advising session a credit evaluation will be prepared on all transfer work to be used by the faculty advisor during advising for subsequent semesters.
How to Prepare for Advising
Make the most of those mandatory meetings with your advisor each semester. Make sure you know what resources are available to you, and what policies you are bound by. Be ready to ask good questions and build a real relationship with your advisor. View preparation tips from Academic Success Center.
Who to Contact
Office of Student Services
Moody Hall, Room 236
Department of Accounting (Majors: Accounting)
Moody Hall, Room 335
Department of Economics and Finance (Majors: Economics, Finance, and Insurance & Risk Management)
Moody Hall, Room 326
Department of Management (Majors: Management, Hospitality Management, Professional Land & Resource Management)
Moody Hall, Room 243
Department of Marketing (Majors: Marketing)
Moody Hall, Room 332