Advising is a crucial component of keeping our students on track to graduation. Advisors assist students in course selection each semester and help them navigate through their college years. You may contact your advisor anytime, but are encouraged to take advantage of the University’s official “advising weeks” in order to prepare for course registration.
Spring 2021 Advising Period
To safeguard the health and well-being of our community, the Moody College of Business will primarily utilize remote/virtual advising for the Summer and Fall 2021 advising period being held March 15-26, 2021.
Undergraduate business students: Advising is Monday, March 15 through Friday, March 26, 2021. Advising is MANDATORY for all business undergraduate students. An advisor will work individually with you to review academic progress and upcoming course needs. Students can then use the advice given to register for Summer and Fall 2021 courses.
- Advising holds will be lifted by the student’s faculty advisor after course advising has been provided.
- Registration for the Summer and Fall 2021 semester begins March 29, 2021. Check your ULink for your specific time ticket.
- Graduating Seniors: Disregard the advising hold on your account. This will not prevent you from graduating.
To Schedule Advising
Follow the steps below to request advising. Please allow 2 business days for your advisor to provide a response.
- Log in to ULink. Under your Academic Profile, your faculty or staff advisor will be listed. If no advisor is listed, please contact your academic department (listed below) and/or email@example.com (Moody Hall, Room 236) for assistance.
- Using your UL Lafayette email account (@louisiana.edu), email your advisor to request advising assistance. Because of restrictions in place during this advising period, most advising will occur remotely, though some advisors may provide you with alternative options (in-person during office hours, etc.) depending on preferences and availability.
- In the subject line of your email, please include the following information: “Advising”, your first and last name, ULID (C#), and major code (matching the information provided in your Academic Profile). If applicable, you can also list declared minors, concentrations, or double majors.
- Provide the advisor with a list of your preferred courses for the Summer and/or Fall 2021 semester, as well as alternative courses if one of your initial options is not immediately available for registration.
- Let the advisor know of any current coursework you have concerns about, especially if this may affect your future enrollment due to prerequisite requirements, etc.
- The Office of Student Services staff is available remotely at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with any needs that may arise during the advising period (including DegreeWorks adjustments, course substitutions, and curricular questions).
- Overrides for registration errors, when appropriate, can be requested through email@example.com. The Office of Student Services does not grant capacity overrides. Students should utilize wait lists when offered or contact the department in which the course is offered. Department contact information is listed below.
Our advising team is dedicated to your success and looks forward to assisting you. For questions, please contact the Moody College of Business Office of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For University COVID-19 updates, visit https://louisiana.edu/covid19-updates.
Who Is My Advisor?
Log into ULink. Go to the Academics tab. Under the Academic Profile area, select the correct term (semester). Your advisor will be listed. If no advisor is listed, contact the department of your major (listed below) and/or the Moody Business Office of Student Services at email@example.com.
General Advising Questions
Students with general advising questions should contact the department of their major (listed below).
All entering transfer students should be advised for their initial semester in the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration Office of Student Services. At this first advising session a credit evaluation will be prepared on all transfer work to be used by the faculty advisor during advising for subsequent semesters.
How to Prepare for Advising
Make the most of those mandatory meetings with your advisor each semester. Make sure you know what resources are available to you, and what policies you are bound by. Be ready to ask good questions and build a relationship with your advisor. View preparation tips from Academic Success Center. Additional resources are available on the Ragin’ Business Students Moodle Page under “Advising & Course Scheduling”.
Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 classes will begin on Monday, March 29, 2021. Students can check their Registration Time Ticket via ULink. On the Registration tab, in the Register for Classes section, students should click Access Registration Dashboard and then Prepare (Time Ticket & Holds). Students must meet with their academic advisor and have their advising hold lifted prior to registering for classes. Students may register at any time after the date and time listed on their Registration Time Tickets.
Who to Contact
Moody College of Business Office of Student Services
Moody Hall, Room 236
Department of Accounting (Majors: Accounting)
Moody Hall, Room 335
Department of Economics and Finance (Majors: Economics, Finance, and Insurance & Risk Management)
Moody Hall, Room 326
Department of Management (Majors: Management, Hospitality Management, Professional Land & Resource Management)
Moody Hall, Room 243
Department of Marketing (Majors: Marketing)
Moody Hall, Room 332