The Moody College of Business Administration Internship Program allows students to participate in on-the-job work experience that relates to their major while receiving academic credit. Our mission is to provide undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to integrate theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom with practical job experience in preparation for postgraduate employment. Each semester, we provide an opportunity for Moody College of Business students to meet with companies offering internship, part-time and full-time opportunities.
COVID-19 Student Internship Update
The University has issued internship and cooperative education guidelines. Public health guidance from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Louisiana Department of Health was used to develop the following guidelines that apply to UL Lafayette students in internships and cooperative education (co-op) placements. Please note that the Internship COVID Policy Guidelines and Acknowledgment Form MUST be carefully reviewed, and a signed acknowledgement of the policies must be returned with the student internship application before enrollment into the internship course. Visit the Office of Career Services website for more information.
Students should not participate in:
- face-to-face internship or co-op activities if they have been asked to self-quarantine by public health officials or the University.
- face-to-face internship or co-op activities in the event the state and/or national government requires citizens to remain isolated in an official quarantine situation.
- the care of individuals with known or suspected cases of COVID-19.
- communicate with their faculty members before attending any scheduled experiences to check if cancellation is warranted.
- immediately communicate to internship or co-op faculty any safety concerns and stop participating in the experience until the issue is resolved. Internships and co-op activities will be canceled at any site where appropriate environmental controls cannot or are not being implemented per CDC guidelines.
Internship and co-op experiences will be determined by the hosting entity as well as the University. Even though the University continues to function in remote instructional mode, students should be aware employers/hosting sites may adjust their own policies related to student internships and co-ops.
Moody Business is currently accepting completed student internship applications via email. Students may submit these applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Internship Benefits
- Gain exposure to real-world scenarios through practical job experiences.
- Develop work competencies for a specific profession or occupation.
- Develop self-confidence and a professional work ethic.
- Articulate and apply principles learned in and outside of the classroom.
- Complete assignments that encourage in-depth reflection of the internship experience.
What are the minimum qualifications for undergraduate students to participate in the Internship Program?
- Must be enrolled in a major program of study in the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.2. (Please note that a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required to register for HMGT 498 or PLRM 475.)
- Classified as a Junior or Senior (Junior: 60-89 hours, Senior: 90+ hours).
- Receive approval from the Internship Advisor and the Internship Director.
- Receive compensation for work. (Exceptions made on occasion.)
In addition to the qualifications above, please note the following course-specific requirements:
- ACCT 398: “C” or better in ACCT 302
- ACCT 498: “C” or better in ACCT 398
- HMGT 498: HMGT 331, HMGT 351, HMGT 371, MKTG 345, MGMT 320, and ACCT 202 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better in each. Students must have a minimum of 90 hours completed.
- MGMT 475: Must be PLRM major with Senior standing (90+ hours), completed MGMT 320 with a “C” or better
- PLRM 398: Completed MGMT 320 with a “C” or better
- MKTG 498: Completed at least 9 hours of MKTG courses with “C” or better in each
- FNAN 398: Completed FNAN 300 with a “C” or better
- BLAW 398: Completed BLAW 310 with a “C” or better
- ECON 399: (none)
What are the minimum qualifications for graduate students to participate in the Internship Program?
MBA students must be in good academic standing to apply for an internship. MBA/HCA students are encouraged to complete the required internships in their last two semesters of study. MBA students must obtain approval from the MBA Director.
How do I participate in the Internship Program?
The Fall 2020 student application deadline has been extended to Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- Prepare a resume.
- Secure an internship position. Opportunities are posted on the Moody College of Business Internship Program Moodle page and Handshake (Office of Career Services). You can also seek your own internship. Email email@example.com to request Moodle page access.
- Complete the Student Internship Application (follow the directions listed on the first page of the application) and the Internship COVID Policy Guidelines and Acknowledgment Form.
- Have your internship approved by your Internship Advisor. The advisors are assigned by majors and are listed on the Student Internship Application.
- Return your completed internship application and the signed Internship COVID Policy Acknowledgment form to the Internship Coordinator in Moody Hall, Room 204 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must obtain an employer signature and a signature from your faculty advisor before submitting your application. Application must be submitted within 4 days after the start of classes in the Fall or Spring semester and within 2 days after the start of classes in the Summer semester (unless otherwise stated).
- Throughout the semester, follow the guidelines and requirements established by your internship advisor and work supervisor.
Moody Hall, Room 204
Are you an employer?
If you are an employer seeking an intern, please view our Employer Information page.