The Moody College of Business Administration Internship Program allows students to participate in on-the-job work experience that relates to their major while receiving academic credit. Our mission is to provide undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to integrate theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom with practical job experience in preparation for postgraduate employment.
Moody College of Business Internship & Career Fair
Each semester, we provide an opportunity for Moody College of Business students to meet with companies offering internship, part-time and full-time opportunities. You're invited to our upcoming Internship & Career Fair.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Moody Hall, 1st and 2nd floor lobbies
We encourage you to dress professionally and bring copies of your resume.
Thank you to our event sponsors.
Program Learning Objectives
- Student will be able to articulate and apply principles learned in and outside of the classroom.
- Student will complete assignments that encourage in-depth reflection of the internship experience.
- Student will gain exposure to real-world scenarios through practical job experiences.
- Student will develop work competencies for a specific profession or occupation.
- Student will develop self-confidence and a professional work ethic.
What are the minimum qualifications for undergraduate students to participate in the Internship Program?
- Must be enrolled in a major program of study in the MCOBA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.2. (Please note that a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required to register for HMGT 498 or MGMT 475.)
- Be classified as a Junior or Senior.
- Get approval from the Internship Advisor and the Internship Director.
- Receive compensation for work. (Exceptions made on occasion.)
In addition to the general qualifications mentioned above, please note the following course-specific requirements:
- ACCT 398 and 498: Completed ACCT 302 with a “C” or better
- HMGT 498: HMGT 331, HMGT 351, HMGT 371, MKTG 345, MGMT 320, and ACCT 202 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better in each. This internship must be completed in the last 18 hours of coursework.
- MGMT 475: Must be PLRM major, completed MGMT 320 with a “C” or better
- MGMT 398: Completed MGMT 320 with a “C” or better
- MKTG 498: Completed at least 9 hours of MKTG courses with “C” or better in each
- FNAN 398: Completed FNAN 300 with a “C” or better
- BLAW 398: Completed BLAW 310 with a “C” or better
What are the minimum qualifications for graduate students to participate in the Internship Program?
In general, MBA students must be in good academic standing to apply for an internship. MBA/HCA students are encouraged to complete the required internships in their last two semesters of study. Further, MBA students must obtain approval from the MBA Director.
How do I participate in the Internship Program?
To earn academic credit for an internship, you must do the following:
- Step 1: Prepare a resume of your education and employment experience.
- Step 2: Secure an internship position. Look on the Moody College of Business Internship Program Moodle site, Handshake (Office of Career Services), or seek your own internship.
- Step 3: Print and complete the Student Internship Application. Follow the directions listed on the first page of the application.
- Step 4: Have your internship approved by your Internship Advisor. The advisors are assigned by majors and are listed on the Student Internship Application.
- Step 5: Return your completed internship application to the Internship Coordinator in Moody Hall, Room 204 or via email to email@example.com. You must obtain an employer signature and a signature from your faculty advisor before submitting your application. Application must be submitted within 4 days after the start of classes in the Fall or Spring semester and within 2 days after the start of classes in the Summer semester.
Step 6: Throughout the semester, follow the guidelines and requirements established by your internship advisor and work supervisor.
For more information, call us at 337-482-5836, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at Moody Hall, Room 204.
If you are an employer seeking interns, please view our Employer Information page.