The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration program is ideal for individuals with the minimum of an undergraduate degree in a non-business area who:
- are interested in gaining knowledge and competencies in business fundamentals,
- would like to develop skills to operate more effectively in business organizations, to meet the demands of new careers in management, or to advance their professional goals or careers,
- would like to take some graduate-level business courses without having to commit to pursuing a MBA, or
- are interested in pursuing a MBA degree.
Graduate school admission will be required to enroll in this certificate program. Courses required in this Graduate Certificate program are currently offered as MBA foundation courses on campus for students admitted to the MBA program who do not have an undergraduate business degree.
If you are an out-of-state student enrolling in an online program at UL Lafayette, you automatically receive the in-state tuition incentive. That means you pay the in-state tuition amount instead of the out-of-state costs.
Students will be able to obtain the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration through completion of the following five existing online/hybrid courses (3 hours each, totaling 15 hours).
MBA 500 Survey of Accounting
MBA 501 Survey of Economics and Finance
MBA 502 Survey of Management and Management Information Systems
MBA 503 Survey of Marketing and the Legal Environment of Business
MBA 504 Survey of Statistics and Operations Management
To be considered for admission to the Graduate Business Certificate Program, applicants must meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Official Transcripts from all universities attended
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A written statement of purpose.
- A current professional resume or complete the Education and Work Experience Form.
- Previous work experience is desirable but not required.
- If you are an International Student, please see Graduate School website for details.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Because courses in this program will only be available online, the program may not be available to all applicants. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and its online programs must be in compliance in every state where a student is located. (Visit the Online Programs website to learn more.) International students also may not be eligible. According to U.S. immigration regulations, F-1 students cannot pursue online degrees; international students in other visa categories (i.e., H-4, L2) are exempt from this restriction.