The MBA program encourages learning of core business functions by students from a diversity of academic and professional backgrounds by offering a relevant management education in an environment conducive to success. Our instructional and intellectual initiatives will facilitate the career progression and personal development of our graduates, enhance the effectiveness of the organizations for which they work, and the viability of the communities in which they live.
While engaged in the MBA program, students will:
- learn from an appropriate balance of experienced professionals and academics.
- foster competency in team settings.
- have the opportunity to interact and work with local businesses.
- prepare to assume leadership positions in a variety of types of organizations of differing sizes, ownership structures, and markets.
- demonstrate enhanced competency and integrate knowledge of the fundamental disciplines of business (accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, management information systems, and quantitative analysis).
- utilize advanced technology for communication and productivity purposes.
- gain an understanding of the unique characteristics of and connections between local, national, and global economies.
- understand the dynamic economic, legal, technological, cultural, and socio-political environments in which organizations must operate, and realize the importance of adaptation to ensure organizational prosperity and vitality.
- recognize their responsibility to conduct business in an ethical manner, thereby avoiding moral dilemmas, conflicts-of-interest, and the negative impact of immoral behavior on organizational stakeholders.