The idea is to have our faculty meet a CEO for an hour. The meeting will not be presentation or agenda-based. Instead, the CEO picks a topic to begin a conversation with faculty and it is an open-ended discussion on any aspect of business that interests the particular group on that particular day.
Expected benefits and outcome expectations are as follows:
- Input for program and curriculum updating.
- Ideas for research topics and questions.
- Real world examples for classes.
- Source of guest speakers (the CEO or other officers in the company) for classes.
- Getting our community leaders familiar with faculty and vice versa
Fall 2014 Speakers
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014 -- Deidre Doucet Toups, President, HB Rentals
- Monday, October 13, 2014 -- Bob Marlin, Head Coach, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Spring 2014 Speakers
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 -- Jim Doyle, Executive Vice President, Brenntag North America, Inc (Summary)
- Wednesday, March 19 ,2014 -- Robert Daigle, Managing Partner, River Ranch Development Co.
Fall 2013 Speakers
- Tuesday, September 10, 2013 -- Tom Cox, President & CEO, Golfballs.com (Summary)
- Wednesday, October 9, 2013 -- Herbert Schilling II, Chairman, Schilling Distributing Company (Summary)
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 -- Reggie Dupre’, CEO, Dupre’ Logistics LLC (Summary)
Spring 2013 Speakers
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013 -- William C. Schumacher, Founder & CEO, Schumacher Group (Summary)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 -- Mary Ellen Henry, CEO, JohnPac, Inc.
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013 -- Al A. Gonsoulin, Chairman of the Board/CEO of Petroleum Helicopters (Summary)
Fall 2012 Speakers
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012 -- Bonnie Maillet, Founder, Boysenblue/Celtec International, Inc. (Summary)
- Wednesday, October 17, 2012 -- John Bordelon, President & CEO, Home Bank (Summary)
Spring 2012 Speakers
- Tuesday, April 3, 2012 -- Mr. David Callecod, President/CEO, Lafayette General Medical Center (Summary)
- Thursday, March 1, 2012 -- Ms. Carolyn T. Doerle, Managing Director/CEO, Doerle Food Services, LLC (Summary)
- Wedensday, January 25, 2012 -- Mr. Clay Allen, Managing Partner with Allen & Gooch Law Firm and the Managing Director of Westlake Securities, LLC (Summary)
Fall 2011 Speakers
- Thursday, November 10, 2011 -- Ms. Flo Meadows, Chair of the Board, Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce & Mr. Rob Guidry, President, Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce (Summary)
- Tuesday, October 4, 2011 -- Richard Zuschlag, CEO Acadian Ambulance (Summary)
- Wednesday, September 28, 2011 -- Lenny Lemoine, CEO The Lemoine Company (Summary)
Spring 2011 Speakers
- Monday, April 4, 2011 -- Gail Romero, Van Eaton & Romero (Summary)
- Thursday, March 3, 2011 -- J.S. “Si” Brown, President of Bruce Foods Corporation in New Iberia (Summary)
- Wednesday, February 2, 2011 -- William H. Fenstermaker, Chairman & CEO, C. H. Fenstermaker & Associates, Inc. (Summary)
Fall 2010 Speakers
- Wednesday, December 1, 2010 -- Don Begnaud, Founder of Begnaud Manufacturing Inc. (Summary)
- Wednesday, November 3, 2010 -- Howard Lein, Owner, RE/MAX Excalibur Scottsdale, AZ (Summary)
- Monday, October 4, 2010 -- David H. Welch, President & CEO, Stone Energy (Summary)
- Wednesday, September 1, 2010 -- Joey Durel, City-Parish President (Summary)
Spring 2010 Speakers
- Monday, May 3, 2010 -- Dr. Chuck Lein, former President of Stuller Inc. (Summary)